Monday, October 23, 2017

Militiaman Loading





This militiaman was closely copied from a figure in one of Don Troiani's paintings. The picture on the right shows the original painting and my miniature recreation.











This figure was heavily converted from the original figure from Accurate. Originally, the militiaman was waving his hat. After painting one of these figures, I used the other one to make the loading militiaman. The hat was cut from the hand and the arm was bent into position using heat. Due to failed attempts to bend the hand into a fist, I needed to sculpt a new hand onto him. The ramrod was created from a straight pin. The photo below shows a comparison of the original figure and my conversion.





And this is the finished result!  He makes an excellent addition to my American citizen soldiers.

No comments:

Post a Comment